How to Use a Disposable Vape Pen | Full Guide (2020)
A disposable vape pen is a perfect tool for travelers or people who want to find the ideal flavor. The market for e-cigarettes and vaping devices as a whole is gaining in popularity. According to research, it will continue to grow for a very long time. Thus, today is the perfect time to step away from old-school and try something new.
As you will see, there is nothing hard about using these devices. However, you need to learn how to use a disposable vape properly if you want to maximize its longevity and achieve the best possible vaping experience.
Do you want to learn more? Keep reading until the end.
What is Disposable Vape Pen?
Let’s start with the basics.
The vape pen is a small and compact electronic device for smoking. It heats the flavored liquid and nicotine in the tank to create inhalable vapor.
What makes vaping devices distinct from standard cigarettes? The primary difference is that vape pens generate vapor without burning tobacco. Consequently, it creates a cleaner and healthier way to get nicotine (or other substances) into your system.
Now, what is a disposable vape pen? In simple terms, it’s a less expensive type of vape pen without a rechargeable battery. You don't need to maintain this device or refill the oil chamber. After you use it for some time, you can dispose of it and get a new one.
Types of Disposable Vape Pens
Disposable vape pens come in many variations. They offer a variety of different flavors, a couple of different nicotine strengths (usually 1.6% 3.6%, 5% and 6% nicotine levels) and various sizes. Sizes are based on the number of puffs from the disposable device, ranging from 500-1700 puffs. The selection can be quite overwhelming for a newcomer.
How can you find the best disposable vape pen for you? Let's take a look at some factors you need to consider when choosing your first device.
Single-use vaporizers are usually fairly inexpensive. Therefore, there's not a lot of variety in terms of their cost. You can get a disposable vape pen from reputable brands like Puff Bar and JAK from $5 to $15 (though the price depends on the device’s features, design, and build quality).
Vape pens are very compact and portable. They are shaped like a typical pen, albeit but a little wider. However, there is some room for originality even in this department. For example, disposable vape pens from Puff Bar are shaped like prolonged USB sticks. There are also teardrop-shaped devices from other makers like Mr. Fog.
Vaporizers come with and without the power button, although most come without one for ease of use.
Disposable vapes come without a button so they don't allow the user to adjust the temperature. Therefore, you won't control the amount of smoke and "heaviness" of the puff. However, buttonless devices give less room for errors in addition to being more convenient to use.
Concentrates and Flavors
Disposable vapes contain pre-mixed e-liquid (vape juice). The main ingredients of e-liquids don’t differentiate much. Most of them contain vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol (VG and PG for short). E-liquids with more PG tend to produce less visible vapor, making them not as popular for vape enthusiasts. However, it all comes down to personal preference.
What’s more important here is that disposable vape pens come with e-liquids that contain flavored food-grade additives. Disposable vape accessories come in a wide variety of flavors. Therefore, vape lovers will certainly find a device with a concentrate that suits their taste.
Choosing the right e-liquid is essential, especially for people who are just getting acquainted with vape juices. As you might expect, the nicotine strength affects the “heaviness” of the puff. Therefore, you want to get a disposable vape pen with the right strength level to get a smoother hit and avoid negative effects.
E-liquid nicotine strength measures in mg/mL (milligrams to milliliters) or percentages (10 mg/mL means 1%). Disposable vape pens usually contain the following types of nicotine:
- 16 mg/mL or 1.6%
- 36 mg/mL or 3.6%
- 50 mg/mL or 5%
- 60 mg/mL or 6%
What kind of device should you choose? The most popular type of pod contains 5% nicotine, which roughly translates to a pack of standard cigarettes. You can find many Juul pods and disposable vape devices by Puff Bar with this nicotine level, and it seems to be optimal for previous smokers. As for complete newcomers, it’s better to start with the minimal nicotine strength.
How Does a Disposable Vape Work?
All disposable vape pens work basically the same way. The typical device has the following elements:
- Mouthpiece. That’s where you inhale the contents of the vape pen that are stored in the tank.
- Tank. This chamber stores the e-liquid that will be vaporized by the atomizer.
- Atomizer. The primary heating element of the disposable vape pen. It generates heat that vaporizes the contents of the tank.
- Draw. The vape pen activates automatically as you inhale since it is buttonless.
- Battery. Last but not least – a battery that powers on the entire device and allows atomizers to heat the tank chamber's contents.
As you can tell from the name, disposable vape pens aren't known for longevity. But how long does a disposable vape pen last?
Most of the disposable vape devices can withstand over 150 seconds of active inhalation. That amounts to about 2 or 3 days of constant usage and is equivalent to 2 packs of cigarettes. Disposable vape sizes are usually measured by the number of puffs. Typically they range from 500 puffs (with Posh Plus) and 1700 puffs (with Mr Fog Max Pro).
Nevertheless, the longevity of a disposable vape pen largely depends on how you use it. And that’s what we are going to touch on next.
How to Use Disposable Vape Pen
Now that you know how the disposable vape pen works, it's time to learn how to use it properly.
There is absolutely nothing complicated about it. Just follow these steps:
- Unpack the vape from the box. If you bought a new brand – it wouldn't hurt to read an instruction manual if it has one.
- Remove the plastic caps from the top and bottom of the disposable vape. Many disposable vape pens come with a silicone cover for the top and bottom. Both of these coverings must be removed for the device to work properly.
- Use the mouthpiece to inhale. Inhale from the mouthpiece and exhale the vaporized substance. It's best to take smaller draws if you want to use the pen for longer. First-timers should also start with lighter puffs not to overwhelm themselves.
- Store the device properly. Put the vape pen in a dry and cool place. You should avoid moisture and direct sunlight because it can damage the equipment or spoil the tank's substance. In addition to that, make sure that people under 21 years old can't reach your vape pen.
Dispose of it when the time comes. There is no reason to collect used vape pens in your house. You can drop the device at the nearest recycling bin. However, we recommend dropping used vape pens in battery recycling facilities.
Top 5 Disposable Vape Pen Brands
Not sure what to try first? Here are the best disposable vape pen brands that offer great solutions for a low price:
- Mr Fog. An up and coming manufacturer of disposable vape pens with a considerable library of flavors and designs.
- Posh. This brand of disposable e-cigarettes is excellent for beginners and experienced vapers. It can hold enough e-juice to last for several days, which makes it extremely budget-friendly.
- JAK. One of the highest-selling single-use vaporizes brands out there with distinct flavors that won't leave anyone indifferent.
- Puff Bar / Puff Plus. This brand sets itself apart from the competition with great designs and a smooth inhale system. Puff Bar has over 24 flavors in its arsenal, which means you can get a taste for every occasion.
- Myst. Myst Labs offers extraordinary options with wonderful scents. Their products are high-quality, portable, and virtually lightweight – perfect for vape pen enthusiasts.
To sum up, vape pens are extremely convenient and straightforward. The low price and variety of flavors make these vaping devices a perfect choice for people who crave a better alternative to regular smoking.
Now that you know how to use a disposable vape pen properly, why not try one yourself?
Green Caviar Club has hundreds of vaping products for the lowest price you can find online. Subscribe for our newsletter today and get your first device with a sweet discount!
- Anant Derhgawen