Disposable vs Rechargeable Vape Pen
When you’re looking to buy a vape pen online, you’ll notice that there are two basic categories of vapes available: disposable and rechargeable vape pens. So which kind of vape pen is better for you and why? We’ll go through all the pros and cons of disposable versus rechargeable vape pens so you can make the best decision for you.
At first glance, it may seem more appealing to purchase the cheapest possible option, which is always a disposable vape pen. But are you going to be getting the quality you want? Are you going to be spending more over time anyway? Are you concerned about the ecological impact of disposable vapes? There are a lot of factors to consider when assessing your vape choices.
In a nutshell, most seasoned and repeat users opt for rechargeable vapes while beginners typically opt for a disposable vape pen to get started. However, there are exceptions to the rule, as there is a time and place for having a disposable vape pen despite the popularity of rechargeable vapes.
Read below for additional information on each category of vape pen.
Disposable Vape Pens
What is a disposable vape pen? It’s simply a single-use e-cigarette designed to be as convenient and portable as possible. Disposable vape pens come pre-filled with e-liquid, so no filling is required, and it comes with a fully charged battery. It’s ready to use right away. Simply open the package and start vaping! Note that when the vape dies or runs out of liquid, it’s done. At this point, you can safely dispose of the pen.
Are disposable vape pens the right option for you? Let’s take a look at the pros and cons below:
Disposable Vape Pen Pros
There are certainly some benefits to disposable vape pens, which is why they are so popular.
- Usually much lower in cost
- Ready-to-use right out of the box and don’t require additional components
- Don’t need to be charged, as they are fully charged out of the package
- Typically small, discreet, and portable
- If you’re not sure you want to use vape pens long term, this is a low-risk option
Disposable Vape Pen Cons
That being said, there are some significant drawbacks and problems with disposable vape pens.
- Disposable vapes are wasteful and certainly not eco-friendly, especially when used over the long term
- If you’re a habitual vape user, disposable vape pens will be more expensive for you in the long run
- Most disposable vape pens don’t “hit” or “draw” as well as reusable pens, so they require more effort to use
- If you don’t like the e-juice, it cannot be changed
- They feel cheaper, less solid, and less durable
Can You Recharge Disposable Vape Pens?
You may wonder if you can recharge disposable vape pens. Wouldn’t it be great to simply buy a cheap vape pen and figure out a way to keep recharging it? Is this possible?
Unfortunately, this is not a possibility. Once a disposable pen is no longer working, it’s finished. Disposable vape pens are not safely chargeable, even if you take apart the product. They are simply not designed to be reused, which is why they are priced so affordably.
Rechargeable Vape Pens
Now that you know about the aspects of disposable vape pens, what about rechargeable vape pens? Are they worth the higher upfront cost? As we did with disposable vapes, let’s take a look and examine the pros and cons.
Rechargeable Vape Pen Pros
- With more powerful and efficient “hits,” you don’t need to work as hard to have an enjoyable vaping experience
- Cartridges are interchangeable so you can switch up your e-juice for different flavors or results
- You’re not throwing away an entire vape every time your battery or juice runs out, so it’s better for the environment
- In the long run, if you’re going to be vaping regularly, it’s much more affordable than buying disposable vape pens over and over
Rechargeable Vape Pen Cons
There are many major benefits that accompany rechargeable vape pens. But are there any drawbacks to rechargeable vape pens? There are a few, but not many.
- There’s a higher upfront cost as rechargeable vape pens do typically cost more
- Your rechargeable vape pen requires charging
- They can sometimes be less portable than disposable vape pens, as there are usually accessories involved like chargers you need to remember to have with you. However, many companies make it extremely convenient, and some even have charging cases to make your rechargeable vape as portable as possible.
All in all, rechargeable vape pens are a great option. But as you can see, there may be certain cases when you’d want to opt for a disposable vape pen. For example, if you’re travelling and forgot your rechargeable vape, it may be a much better option for you to simply pick up a disposable vape. Regardless of what choice you make, however, vape pens are more cost effective than tobacco cigarettes, have a pleasant scent, and are even better for the environment.
Use the information provided above to help you make the right decision for you, and when you’re ready, take a look at our extensive collection of disposable vape pens and high-quality rechargeable vape pens at Green Caviar Club!
- Anant Derhgawen